Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Five Days in Food

This is to give you an idea of what I like to eat! And so that I can see what I ate. I took pictures of meals I ate for five days, these are in no order, and because I ate them more than one day, I only took one picture, so there aren't like...25 pictures. I just think its an interesting portrait of my diet!


"Birdy in a Nest"- Whole Grain Toast (homemade), cut a hole in the bread, lay bread in a frying pan, crack an egg into the hole, grill until done (I use olive oil in the pan, but you can also use pam if you fill your olive oil GHG in a different way!)
Whole Wheat Pasta with organic pasta sauce and some parmesan- this is kinda a 'cop out' meal I mean its easy and I barely did any work.
Home naan and baked falafel with tahini sauce- in the future I will make the naan with whole wheat I think, but the falafels came out great! 
Two slices of whole wheat (homemade bread) french toast (1 whole egg, 1 egg white, some skim milk, cinnamon, nutmeg and a little allspice) and a cup of fresh strawberries.
Whole wheat pita- olive oil, mozzarella cheese, turkey pepperoni, 1/2 c onions
Spaghetti Squash with organic tomato sauce and parmesan- spaghetti squash is my NEW favorite food, I could eat it everyday (and just about did!)
This is www.emilybites.com pumpkin french toast, I altered the recipe so I have a half cup of pumpkin (veggie serving! or fruit, or whatever pumpkin is "really") but you should bounce over there and look at her blog!
Homemade wheat toast with 100% Almond butter (trader joes, it RULES, I could eat a whole jar), 1/2 cup of cabot vanilla greek yogurt, 1 cup strawberries, 1/2c pumpkin flax granola
Turkey tacos with salsa, onions, and gaucamole, also some cheese. Tacos are one of my FAVORITE ways to get in veggie servings, and they are easy to lighten up and turn into taco salad (leftover taco meat is the best, most versatile thing!)
1/2 cup pumpkin, 1/2 cup cabot vanilla greek yogurt, 1/2 cup pumpkin flax granola


NOT PICTURED (and I don't know why since I know I took a picture of it, must have deleted it on accident) is the lunch I ate almost all week; An apple, with peanut butter, cheese (like all together on a slice of apple) and some turkey pepperoni. Also not pictured is oatmeal blueberry pancakes, Caesar salad, and real pizza that I ate. 

No comments:

Post a Comment