Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Splendid Spaghetti Squash!

So...all I eat now is Spaghetti Squash.

Apparently as a kid I was REALLY into it. Then I stopped liking it until recently when I tried it again. Why is it so awesome?

Its 0 point spaghetti (basically).

I love pasta, but the thing is, I really love pasta SAUCES. So when your spaghetti is 0 points, you can have WAY more tablespoons of pesto, you can REALLY have REAL alfredo! Or you can make your own sauce like us and knock out like 4 veggie servings!

There's a few ways to prepare this delicious squash, but I like easy so I microwave.

Take your spaghetti squash, with a knife stab like A BUNCH of holes in it. ALL OVER. Then microwave for 10-12 minutes depending on the size of your squash.

When its done its going to be CRAZY FLIPPING HOT. So don't touch right away or else you will burn yourself.

Once its cool enough to take out of the microwave, slice it length wise.

Scrape out the seeds in the middle and discard (or clean and roast like you would pumpkin seeds).

Then using a fork scrape out the "spaghetti" and you can store in the fridge for a few days and heat as needed, or if you're making it all, scrape it all into a frying pan with a little bit of olive oil.



Then fry for a few minutes in the olive oil.

 When its to the tenderness you want, put in a bowl with sauce and cheese! Delicious! Enjoy!
















No comments:

Post a Comment